Under the Labour Law in Serbia, an employment relationship shall terminate:
- By the expiry of the period it was concluded for;
- When an employee reaches 65 years of age and a minimum of 15 years of social insurance coverage unless otherwise agreed between the employer and the employee;
- By agreement between the employee and the employer (multilateral agreement on the termination);
- By the termination of employment contract by the employer or the employee;
- At the request of a parent or guardian of an employee younger than 18 years of age;
- In the event of the death of the employee;
- In other cases specified by the law.